Monday, July 21, 2025

Here I start to sing...

Hello all and welcome...to Declan's blog!

Here I'll be putting my experiments in the kitchen, my thoughts on divers matters, and other exploits.

A few autobiographical things, just to acquaint you and me. I have a fancypants degree in graphic design but now I'm training to be a butcher. I love to eat and cook, and I especially love the things that nobody else does (at least I try to). So expect to see a fair amount of pig's feet, rognons, classical English and French food, maybe even some aspic... If it's "old world," or antiquated, or widely-mocked, I'll probably be there with a fork in my hand.

Please pop open a bottle of tawny and enjoy yourself. There's lots to come!

P.S. I am exhorting you to follow my darling Aunnesha's blog, Aunnesha Blogs. She's the one that got me on here. Go to!!!




2 comments:

La Cuisine Anglaise: Preface

Here is the first part of Alfred Suzanne's 1894 book La Cuisine Anglaise . ——— Preface. It is an undeniable fact that, in recent years, ...